Sunday, April 12, 2009

He's Alive!



While they were puzzling over this, behold, two men in dazzling garments appeared to them. They were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground.

They said to them, "Why do you seek the living one among the dead? He is not here, but he has been raised. Remember what he said to you while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be handed over to sinners and be crucified, and rise on the third day."

And they remembered his words.


I love this reading from the Gospel of Luke. "Why do you seek the living one among the dead?" The angels say this so obviously and I always imagine a tinge of condescension in their voices. "Oh, you delightful, poor little humans...weren't you listening to anything he said?" Of course, then the visitors to the grave remember (having been given a word-for-word reminder) and the world is forever changed. It's like the Big Bang happened all over again and the world is remade with Jesus' resurrection. Hallelujah! He is Risen!

Have a joyous, blessed Easter my friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG BANG!!!!!! THAT IS EVOLUTIONIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What is evolution? How would you define it?

Anonymous said...

Lets let Mr. A define his view on evolution for us.........

Are you reading this Mr. Adolfo??

Mr. Adolfo said...

Since you asked...

I am of the mind to leave questions of science to the scientists and questions of philosophy to the philosophers. Put another way, I am far more interested in the 'why?' than the 'how?'. So, I accept the current scientific answers on how the universe began. What I do not accept is the way SOME scientists/theorists attempt to use scientific answers as some sort of answer to philosphical or theological questions. I don't get bent out of shape at the notion that the Earth is millions of years old but I DO get bent out of shape when you tell me that it means the Bible is a lie because of it. One does not follow from the other.

Oh, and is the Big Bang necessarily "evolutionist"? I mean, isn't in possible that one could hold to one but not the other? Just asking.